Brand development and marketing for Lancing Business Park
The chairman of Lancing Business Park was aware that a number of businesses were inter-trading throughout the Business Park, however, we were not sure of the exact figure. I suggested that as part of the membership engagement exercise project, we ask members if they inter-trade and how much.
I contacted the Business Improvement District (BID) members on Lancing Business Park to find out how happy they were with their membership and to ask if any of their supplier or clients were based on business park. One engineering business advised me that 50% of his business comes from just five business park members, however, other businesses don’t do any inter trading but would like to.
There are many advantages to working with organisations on Lancing Business Park either as a supplier or customer. Intertrade businesses advised me that they are able to order products in smaller quantities which is essential for lean manufacturing. They are also able to save on delivery costs and it has been much easier to build stronger relationships with local business. There are some amazing businesses on the business park including Royal Warrant holders.
Lancing Business Park Inter-trading Expo
I recommended that we organise a free inter-trading expo to connect businesses and boost inter-trading opportunities. This would add value for BID members and increase the probability of a YES vote at the next BID ballot.
The Brand Surgery® undertook all aspects of the Expo organisation:
- We created the corporate identity for the event
- We created the event in EventBrite. Within days the exhibition spaces were almost booked.
- We organised the sponsors for food, venue, cleaning, speaks etc
- We are managing the guests and exhibitors
- We wrote the pre-launch press releases and distributed them to our press list
- We are now working on the event finishing touches to make this a fantastic business community event.
- We are creating a survey for distribution to assess the gap between perceived and real amount of inter-trading.
- We are working on social media marketing for the event.
- We will be writing the post-launch press releases.
- We will follow-up with marketing – if this event is successful, we shall plan a larger event next year.
- Measures of success for this event are: exhibitor attendance, guest attendance, number of tweets and post shares, event surveys completed, number of business connections.